Steam Bath is an ancient bath popular with Greeks & Romans. It is restorative concept of steam, to revive our overall health and enhance appearance. A Steam Bath is a refuge where you can unwind and let everyday care melts away amid clouds of steam. After a long tiring day of work there is nothing like spending some time in a steam bath enclosure. You feel completely relaxed each time you take a steam bath as the soft comforting embrace of the warmth & high humidity massage the skin increasing the blood circulation and gently easing tense muscles. The steam penetrates deep into your skin cleansing & leaving it soft & smooth so you are wonderfully refreshed invigorated in both body & soul, long after your bath is over. It is highly beneficial for skin. The moist heat stimulates the subcutaneous blood flow & cleanses the skin intensively, opening the pores, removing dead skin & impurities and leaving the skin feeling soft, clean & smooth. The detoxifying effect of steam can be enhanced by using it along with the very organic technique of aromatherapy wherein essential oils are kept exposed in the steam room to release their naturally beneficial essences to the steam bath.
The body tries to increase its heat loss through all possible avenues-especially the skin and lungs. If the environmental temperature exceeds that of the body, the only way to lose heat is through sweating. The body cannot maintain a constant temperature when the environment temperature is as high as that reached in a steam bath or sauna, and so the body temperature begins to rise. As the cutaneous circulation increases, the body from the environment accepts heat more readily.
The rise in body temperature depends mainly on
- The temperature and humidity content of the steam bath,
- The sweating capacity of the bather, and
- The bathing time. - Body temperatures have been found to range from 37.6C (99.6F) to 40C (104F). Thus the physiological changes that occur during the bath are due, in part, to the rise in body temperature and in part, to the influence of the reflexes of the hormonal and nervous systems, which attempt to increase the heat loss.
Effects Of A Steam Bath :
- A steam bath is health giving as well as enjoyable.
- Warm and gentle Heat of steam bath relaxes your body.
- It melt away the extra fats.
- It soothe tense and Strained Muscles.
- It cleans dirt from body & keeps the complexion fresh & invigorating.
- Provides sound sleep at night.
- A steam bath is especially recommended to alleviate the conditions listed below by virtue of its high steam content and the general benefits of moist heat. The list was confirmed by the research carried out the institute of Medical Balneology and Climatology at the University of Munich - Bronchial asthma, bronchitis, catarrh of the upper respiratory tract, coughs, hoarseness, painful movements of the joints.
- A great advantage of the steam bath lies in its highly beneficial effect on the skin, a feature particularly appreciated by women. The moist heat stimulates the subcutaneous blood flow and cleanse the skin intensively, opening the pores, removing dead skin and impurities and leaving the skin feeling soft, clean and silky smooth.
What Conditions Can Be Benefitted By Steam ?
- Fatigue & Sluggishness.
- Constipation & Bloating
- Menstrual and Menopausal
- Headaches & Migraines
- Arthritis & Gout Conditions
- Eczema & Skin Complaints
- Overweight & Obesity
- Depression & anxiety
- Allergies & Sinus Complaints
- Intensive and comprehensive cleaning effect on skin.
- Nourishes skin with nutrients.
- Emulsifies fat with nutrients.
- Emulsifies fat of sebaceous glands.
- Hydration to dry skin.
- Enhances the development of collagen.
Steam reduces the lactic acid in your muscles that causes soreness.
- Removes toxins and waste products from the body.
- A moderate steam bath is good for physical and mental well being.
- The heat created widens veins and blood vessels, thus increasing blood circulation and not blood pressure.
- Steam inhalation is effective in alleviating respiratory illness like sinusitis bronchitis, asthma, common cold & allergies.
- The steam generated opens the pores of the skin and the sweating expels accumulated toxins and metabolic wastes from the body thus leaving the skin with a luminous glow.
- Eases tense & cramped muscles by increasing the blood flow to every part of the body.
- Reduces fat by increasing body metabolism thereby burning more calories.
- Equivalent to physical exercise in terms of health benefits since it helps in increasing both the heart rate & oxygen intake.
- Steam is therapeutic in nature as it boosts the immune system by increasing body temperature and in turn the white blood cells in the body.
- Cleanse bronchial tubes in the body thus eliminates congestion.